Mysuru as locals call it or Mysore is situated in the Southern Part of India, in Karnataka. As a tourist destination, Mysore is one of the most famous cities as far as tourism is concerned. Back in time, Mysore was regarded as one of the most important places in the entire country. The heritage of Mysore is stretched back to the 13th Century.
The Mysore of lost time was a part of many historically significant kingdoms like Cholas, Pallavas and Kadambas. The rich architecture, culture and tradition of the city have made Mysore a world-renowned tourist destination, and this is the reason why people who travel to Mysore need to consult a travel agency to get the most out their visit.
The city of Mysore is also ideal for tourists who are the laidback vacationers and passionate travellers. One of the most crucial thing about Mysore is that it is the first city on the continent to go through a planned development. The most important part of travelling has a great hotel to stay, well; there are a lot of magnificent hotels in Mysore that is ideal for tourists.
Reasons why Travelling to Mysore is breathtaking
- Mysore is one of the oldest and developed cities in India, and the libraries of this city are as old as the city itself. One library in Mysore is regarded as the oldest libraries in India, Oriental Research Institute. The building of this library is wonderfully preserved. The library sports a collection of over 50,000 palm leaf manuscripts.
- One of the most popular places that tourists visit is the Maharaja’s Palace. Maharaja Palace is the perfect reflection of royal splendour. Before the palace caught fire back in 1897, it used to be the home of the Wodeyar Maharajas. It took a painstaking effort to restore and resurrect the building to the blistering glory.
- The tourist who wants to go on a pilgrimage has a lot of options when it comes to travelling to Mysore. Somnathpur Temple is Mysore is carved with a royal legacy which was built in the year 1268. Somnathpur Temple is the last of its kind, and it is also one of the well-preserved historic structures in Mysore.
- Mysore is also famous for its zoo called as Mysore Zoo and for the record, Mysore zoo is regarded as number one zoo all over India. Mysore Zoo is also known as Sri Chamarajendra Zoological Gardens which was built by Maharaja Sri Chamaraja Wodeyar in 1892. The zoo is house to many species of bird, reptiles and animals like pelicans, giraffes, lions, tigers, gorillas and crocodiles.
- The one of a kind Railway Museum is an outdoor museum which stores vintage locomotives. In Railway Museum was established back in 1979 by the supervision of Indian Railways. The museum is located on Krishnaraja Sagar Road. The museum exhibits carriages, wagons, steam locomotives, special purpose vehicles along with telecommunication equipment among many other things.
Mysore is also famous for its world-renowned Dasara Festival that lasts for ten days. Tourists from all around the world set up with travel agencies to witness the extraordinary celebration of this Dasara.