Marriage accounts for the beginning of a new life. After all, you are not alone anymore and will have a companion to spend the rest of your life with. So why not begin this new chapter in the true Bollywood style with tons of splendour and merriment? And what better way than to tie the knot in the ever splendid Udaipur! Known for its romantic ambiance and rich culture, Udaipur has numerous stupefying venues such as The LaLiT Laxmi Vilas Palace Udaipur to make your wedding match the panache of Bollywood celebrities. Nestled amidst Aravalli hills, offering captivating views of the Fateh Sagar Lake, the place showcases the vibrant Rajasthani culture and rich history like none other.
Now that you have decided to take the plunge and tie the knot in Bollywood style, chances are quite high that you are probably overwhelmed by the many tasks that lay ahead of you. Planning a Bollywood style wedding in Udaipur doesn’t stop with finalising the venue. There will be many other things to be taken care of and “Where to start from,” the age-old question, will soon become your favourite ahead of the preparations. Here’s a handy checklist to help you stay organised and sane amidst all the preparations for a royal wedding in Udaipur.
Plan ahead depending on your budget
Determining your budget is the most important part of the wedding. It will help you stay realistic and decide how much you want to spend on individual functions.
Choosing the ideal venue depending upon your budget might consume a lot of time, hence it’s better to start early. Keep in mind the capacity of guests and visit the venue in person to have a fair idea of what it has in store for you. Research on the wedding themes and be clear about your priorities – whether indoor or outdoor and communicate the same to your in-laws as well.
Wedding arrangements for different ceremonies
Do you want a simple wedding reception or a myriad of other functions including the ‘Sangeet’ and ‘Cocktail’, is a necessary thing to decide. Moreover, choosing the wedding venue is not the end. To make sure everything is on point, you need to prepare a vendor list and keep a check on the following things:
- The wedding invitation cards
- Wedding photographers
- Henna artists
- Accommodation for guests and family
- Gifts and wedding shopping
- Wedding band
Siblings, close friends, and cousins come in handy during such times and levying some burden on them will help you save a lot of time.
Plan the wedding décor
When in Udaipur, it’s hard to fall short of décor options. Still, do make sure that the grandeur of Udaipur matches the vibes of your venue by spending some time to give the following things, a consideration:
- Mandap: Go for beautiful tropical flowers for your mandap or let those fancy lights create a drama. When in Udaipur, do as you please!
- Stage: Remember your stage will remain the centre of attraction and hence, must remain on top of your priority list while planning decoration. And we are pretty sure that the royal setting of Udaipur will never disappoint you with a plethora of options for you to choose from.
- Lighting and Flower Décor: Orchids are in vogue these days and it just requires the right kind of lighting to make your wedding a heavenly affair. So choose wisely!
- Dance Floor: A Bollywood style wedding without a dance floor is a rare scene. In fact, it is the most cherished place for your wedding guests to groove and enjoy! Hence, having a dance floor is not an option but a necessity.
Getting the Rajasthani touch
When in Udaipur, getting the Rajasthani touch is a must to elevate the aura. Consider royal attire to feel like a king – just what a wedding at Udaipur promises!
Additionally, there can be nothing as delightful as a royal cuisine to add a Rajasthani charm to your wedding. And, of course, add some spicy performances and Rajasthani folk music to make your Bollywood style wedding as memorable as it can get.
Lastly, it’s all in your hands to make your wedding affair as lavish as you wish! Or just convey your imagination to the wedding planners of The LaLiT Laxmi Vilas Palace Udaipur, which is one of the best hotels in Udaipur near Lake Pichola offering professional event planning, customised menus, and dedicated catering team to take make your dream Bollywood style wedding come alive!